Saturday, September 09, 2006

8th September – Shapeshifter makes it all worthwhile.

The week from hell is rounding to a close. Pitches, 1500 word magazine article, a 30+ page report on my research on Kereru and scrounging around for old bike bits to make a public rubbish bin from. Keep your eyes on the prize is what that little voice inside my head keeps saying (I’ll have to thank that wee voice on of these days, as I’m sure I would have had a meltdown by now - not from this course mind you, just the extra papers I dabble with on the side just for kicks). No need for a nap before this Friday nights shenanigans. It’s my all time favourite bands night to shine. I’ve watched they morph and grow since the first time I snuck in to one of their first gigs in 2002. Waiting until 1am in a seething mob of sweaty first-year students was one way to come to the realization that Jint and myself were quite possibly the only two people there running on natural adrenaline alone. 2½ hours and two encores later, all I want to do is go home and sit in a silent room and live inside my memory if their music. Thanks guys for giving me something to hang in there for.

Plans are underway to sneak up to Christchurch to hear them play with the Christchurch Symphony Orchestra. Yet another light at the end of a tunnel!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home