Saturday, August 12, 2006

NOTE TO SELF: Have a bit more faith in voodoo...

It’s been over a month since I could last head up to the snow for a wee bit of tail-bone crushing and edge-catching. Too long I say faaar too long. But it’s not like there has been a free weekend in quite a while. I spent most weeks doing my voodoo jigs in the privacy of our course screening room to encourage sunny ski field weather and now fresh dumps with the plan of saving my fresh-snow jig for this weekend. I found a car load of people keen to make their lives worth while and head up for a couple of days. Forecasts look great - 2-3 days of snow!!

I trusted too much in my belief that forecasts often changed at the last minute (i.e. the snow fall would hit during Thursday and Friday leaving the fields as my playground for the weekend). But no, as Murphy’s Law would have it, the snow is falling so hard this weekend that it looks like they're closed! I should have seen it coming - saving up all that snow over the past weeks has bit me in the arse. The fact my tail-bone still hasn't recovered from the last icy experience is of no consequence.

So this is about as much action as my board will be seeing for who knows how long...

There was only one thing to do... a flat crawl. Moving from flat to scummy flat drinking what was on offer, ending up at my flat with a crowd of interpretive dancers/walkers, sitting outside on the balcony at 1am to avoid the fowl smell of the old fish my flatmate insisted on cooking and fumigating the house with. A little more consideration to my 1.30pm kick-boxing class the following morning could have been a good idea.

But I'm not going to give up hope or voodoo jigs just yet. There's still hope! I'm not sure how smart it would be to 'pull a sicky' especially as I don't want to miss anything in this filmmaking course, but mental stability is in the balance! Next weekend is graduation so snow is a no-go. But the following weekend is beginning of a week-long break/assignment-era. Will need to experiment with more superstitious suggestions to conquer that task of weather control.
Please keep your fingers crossed for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home